As science blossoms day-to-day, the hair loss prevention treatments we know and love become more and more powerful, only steps away from eradicating hair loss for good. With such an array of hair loss products on the market these days, it’s hard to decide which ones are best suited to you. From sprays to tablets to creams, let’s take a look at which hair loss treatments work best.
Also known by its brand name Propecia, Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of the hormone testosterone to the more potent hormone – DHT. As a result, Finasteride causes the body to slow or stop hair loss with the potential to re-grow some hair regardless of your balding pattern. Sounds like a potion sent down from the heavens! Let’s begin by discussing the pros:
- Finasteride is extremely effective. With a success rate of 83% in the further prevention of hair loss and a 66% success rate in the improvement of hair growth, this wonder drug certainly knows how to work its magic.
- Finasteride is not known to interfere with other medications, meaning it can be taken alongside anything you need without the threat of causing any horrible side effects.
- Suitable for long-term treatments, studies have shown that patients who have taken Finasteride for extended periods of time (spanning up to 5 years) displayed no signs of any medical conditions or side effects.
There are a few cons that you should be aware of to help assist your decision when it comes to choosing the right hair loss prevention treatment for you:
- Finasteride only works in the long-term if you take it consistently and over an extended period of time. Once you stop taking the medication, the effects of it will eventually wear off and the prevention of hair loss will reduce back to what it was.
- Unfortunately, Finasteride is not suitable for women as studies have shown a lack of concrete evidence that it proves to be effective in the treatment of hair loss.
- Finasteride can cause certain side effects including, erectile dysfunction, dizziness, weakness,abnormal ejaculation, impotence + more
At The Dense Hair Club, our products are clinically proven to aid in the prevention of hair loss and FDA approved. Our product is revolutionary because unlike most Finasteride treatments, our Densifying spray is applied topically which means the common side effects are eliminated.
A natural supplement part of the vitamin B complex, biotin works by metabolising carbohydrates, fats and amino acids from our diet into energy which supports cellular metabolism. This process assists with healthy cell formation and growth, leading to healthy hair, skin and nails when the proper nutrients are in the body. Biotin, therefore, assists in strengthening and contributing to the thickness of hair. Interested in the pros? Read on:
- On top of helping to strengthen your hair, it also works at strengthening your nails and cuticles and improving the health of your skin.
- It helps your body function properly and helps to eliminate diseases! Yes, as incredible as it sounds, Biotin is regularly advised as a daily medication to take by doctors regardless as to whether you are losing your hair due to its many medicinal qualities. Biotin provides your cells with the essential energy it needs, energising the entire body and in turn, strengthening your bones!
- In comparison to other treatments, Biotin is a lot more affordable. So your wallet can rest easy at night knowing hair loss doesn’t need to leave you penniless.
Of course, as with anything taken regularly, there are some cons that need to be taken into account as well:
- In some cases, taking Biotin can lead to allergies, particularly in people who are susceptible to allergies from B12. Symptoms of an allergy to Biotin can appear in the shape of an itchy rash, swelling in the throat and face and nausea. Therefore, when deciding which medication to take, it is always best to consult a medical professional to avoid any unwanted side effects.
- Biotin is not always necessarily effective for everyone. In some people it may do absolute wonders, in others, it may not be as prominent – so don’t go in expecting miraculous results every time.
Available in multiple products through The Dense Hair Club, Biotin is a great addition to every pack in ensuring your body is functioning as it should be and in strengthening your hair.
Used for decades and extensively researched, Minoxidil works by improving the supply of blood and nutrients to the area in which it is applied. The old, weak hairs shed which are then replaced by thicker, strengthened ones. Let’s weigh up the pros for this life-changing hair loss product:
- It is extremely easy and straightforward to use. Coming in the form of a liquid or a foam, once you find your rhythm of applying it twice a day, it becomes practically second nature.
- It is the only FDA approved treatment of hair loss for women! There’s no need to faff around with different vitamins and supplements as finally, a hair loss treatment has evolved for ladies too.
- It works very well in reducing the progression of hair loss whilst aiding in the regrowth of hair as well.
When making an informed decision, it’s always best to be made aware of any possible cons you may have to face:
- Whilst it does help in halting the hair loss process, it does not indefinitely cure it. Minoxidil only works when taking consistently over a long period of time. When the patient stops, eventually the effects wear off and the hair loss process continues as it would.
- Minoxidil does not necessarily work on everyone. Hair loss can follow a number of patterns and it is less effective in treating hair loss at the hairline in comparison to the top of the head.
Minoxidil is available for women in the form of a spray through The Dense Hair Club, making it extremely easy to use and also cost-effective.
Remember, it is always best to consult a medical professional when deciding to progress with a hair loss treatment. If you have any questions about the products mentioned or would like to speak to a member of the team, get in touch